If you think Old Bones is only for food, you need to reevaluate because you're missing half the party.
In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, we enlisted our mate Iain from The Charleston to whip up a special little treat to spice up your isolation. Step aside Quarantini, and make way for the Mexican Firing Squad.
With a smokey mezcal to compliment our smoked garlic chilli sauce, lime juice as fresh as our chillis, and optional black truffle bitters for the ballers who want to add an extra vegetal note, be warned, this sweet little number is some easy drinking. Excuse me while I sinko about ten.
Here's how to make it at home...
Mexican Firing Squad
- 1 fl oz Tequila Reposado (we used Espolon)
- 1 fl oz Mezcal (we used Casamigos)
- 1 fl oz Home Made Lime Shrub
- 1 fl oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 fl oz Agave
- 1/2 fl oz Old Bones Smoked Garlic Chilli Sauce
- Dash of Black Truffle Bitters (optional)
- Mexican Chilli Powder
- Ice Sphere (also optional)
1. Run a slice of lime around the rim of your glass and dust with Mexican Chilli Powder. Chuck an ice sphere in there if ya feeling fancy
2. Add reposado, mezcal, lime shrub, lime juice, agave, black truffle bitters and ice to a cocktail shaker
3. Give her a good shake
4. Strain over ice sphere
5. Try not to down it in one. If you like a good Bloody Mary or Margarita, then this bad boy is for you!